Monday, September 30, 2013

Fall Break


This week we're taking a break from school.

What we've been doing lately:



I was having too much fun enjoying school (MFW K) with the kids to think about picking up the camera and taking pictures of everything. So far our topics have been: Creation, Sun, the Moon, Leaves, Apples, and Nests (Animal homes).

We've gone on a leaf hunt, made an apple pie, painted trees, and made a sun dial.



We also started going to MOPS. For anyone who doesn't know what MOPS is, it stands for "Mothers of Pre Schoolers." It's a group of mommies who have kids 5 years old and younger. Childcare is provided, and the moms have time for fellowship, crafts, food, and listening to good teaching and mentoring. If you have preschoolers and have a MOPS group in your area and have never attended, you should check it out!

This Week:

The focus of this week is on getting our house clean and organized!

I'm letting the kids do lots of fun things while I am busy working. Here's a list of what they'll be doing all week:

-Playing in their room together (I only move on the "organized" play when they start fighting/getting into things!)
-Playdough
-Coloring
-Watching movies or PBS kids shows (gotta be honest!)
-Playing with MFW Toddler toys and Sonlight P3/4 games
-Reading books
-Listening/dancing to music
-Helping Mama with laundry (folding washcloths, matching socks, putting things in drawers), picking up their own toys, and cleaning the kitchen (I've put all my tupperware and plastic things down on the lower shelves, so now they're responsible for loading/unloading most of the dishes in the dishwasher!!)

My Reading List This Week:

For motivation, I'm using information from several different sources. Click on the pictures of the books to find out more information about them. These are all GREAT books, but you have to recognize that YOU are a unique individual, so not EVERYTHING in each book will work for you! Take what helps, leave the rest!

For understanding WHY keeping the house up is such a struggle:



For my daily schedule:



For my weekly rhythm (i.e. Monday is laundry day, Thursday is errand day, etc.):



For specific help in getting each of the areas of my house clean and organized:


Do you have any favorite books about homemaking/organizing?? (PLEASE share with me in the comments section! I love to read new books!)

No comments:

Post a Comment