Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Anchors Aweigh...

I was cleaning the bathroom... the kids were quietly watching a movie when I heard a loud CRASH, followed by screaming. 
This is what I found:


My two year old was trapped underneath. 



Naturally, I panicked.
Adrenaline kicked in and like Superwoman, I heaved this giant dresser off her, snatched her out from under it and let it fall back into place. I called a sweet neighbor who came immediately. After I had stopped shaking, we watched my two year old for a few minutes, and decided to take her to the doctor because she was acting dizzy. 

My neighbor let me use her car while she watched my 4 year old and 3 month old. 

The doctor's verdict: She's fine. She has a nice goose egg on her forehead, bruising on her cheek and upper lip, and probably a black eye. Plus more bruises on her torso. But she'll be fine. (the pictures don't do the bruising on her face justice.... it's much more prominent in person.)


A few more interesting things about my day:

-My four year old was more concerned about his broken piggy bank than his injured sister.
-My two year old almost gave herself a REAL concussion because at the doctor's office she was leaping off the chairs in the waiting room (this was when I realized she was fine)
-My three month old tasted formula for the first time today, because for the first time I was gone for her meal time (thanks to big sis).
-If you have a pulled muscle in your back and you lift a heavy dresser, you end up in more pain than when you started.

Moral of the story: ANCHOR YOUR FURNITURE!

This could have killed my little girl. But our awesome God protected her.

If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
    and you make the Most High your dwelling,
 no harm will overtake you,
    no disaster will come near your tent.
 For he will command his angels concerning you
    to guard you in all your ways;
 they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
    you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
 “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
    I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble,
    I will deliver him and honor him.
 With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him my salvation.

Psalm 91:9-16


3 comments:

  1. poor girl! and how scary for you! I'm glad she is OK (minus bumps and bruises).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can imagine your emotions!! I'm so happy that she wasn't seriously injured...and thank you for the reminder message of anchoring furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the LORD that she is all right! Not every story has a happy ending, and I am very thankful - as I"m SURE you are, too - that your story ends well!

    I hope your daughter's face - and your back - are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete