Friday, August 23, 2013

M is for Moon...



We are really enjoying My Father's World Kindergarten!! This week we learned about the Moon. Here are only some of the fun things we did this week:

We practiced cutting and doing an alphabet puzzle



We learned the moon cycles with Oreos


We colored and did more puzzles



Here is a sample of Josiah's work:


We ate a rocket ship snack:

 


We made Moon cookies, and waited patiently for them to cook.



We made a moon mobile (he made a full moon and a crescent moon along with the stars)


We also read lots of books about the moon, counted to 11, learned about reflections, and learned that we are the light of the world. 

All in all, we had a great week!


Anyone else out there doing My Father's World this year? 


2 comments:

  1. Yum! Moon cookies! We love those so much!

    Where did you get the Oreo moon phase paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn, I Googled "Oreo Moon Phases."... and now I can't find the chart again! Maybe I looked at pictures and went from there?? Sorry...... I'll try to find it. :)

      Delete